The PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC™ PowerLight® technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The compact PLX1804 brings the same performance and technology as the rest of the PLX2 Series, plus even greater value, to applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), this model offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine, uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), the "plug-and-play" PLX1804 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
• Very light weight (13 lbs/5.9 kg).
• Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
• Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Speakon® NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
• 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
• Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
• Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
• Value combined with uncompromised PLX technology, quality and performance for applications that don't require bridged or 2 ohm stereo operation.
• Clip limiting protects speakers; thermal limiting maintains operation even during abnormal overloads.
Power Rating: (Stereo)
• 600 Watts (8 ohms 1 kHz, 0.1% THD, both channels driven)
• 900 Watts (4 ohms 1 kHz, 0.1% THD, both channels driven)
8 ohms (each channel) *
• FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 550 W
• EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 600 W
4 ohms (each channel) *
• FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD: 800 W
• EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 900 W
• Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz): -106 dB
• Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.20 Vrms
• Gain @ 8 ohms: 35 dB
• Output Circuitry: 2-Tier Class H
• Distortion (SMPTE-IM): Less than 0.02%
• Typical Distortion:
1/8 rated power, 20 Hz-20 kHz: Less than 0.02% • Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz, -0.5 dB
Full rated power, 20 Hz-20 kHz: Less than 0.02%
• Damping Factor: Greater than 200
• Input Impedance:
20k ohms balanced • Input Clipping: 5.5 Vrms (+15 dBu)
10k ohms unbalanced
• Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
• Input Connectors, each channel: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced
• Output Connectors, each channel:
Neutrik® NL4 Speakon® • Rear Panel Switches: Circuit Breaker
(Both channels available on Ch 1 output)
• Front Panel Controls:
Detented Gain Attenuator: 0 to ∞ dB • Front Panel Indicators:
Clip: Red LED • Amplifier Protection:
-10: Green LED
Signal (-35 dB): Green LED
Power: Blue LED
Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection • Load Protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
• Infrasonic: -3 dB, 6 Hz
• DC fault: Power supply shutdown
• Ultrasonic: -3 dB, 80 kHz
• Short Circuit: Muting
• Thermal: Limiting at 85° C, Muting at 90° C
• Over Current:
Active clip limiting • High Line: Standard +15%, survive +25%
AC circuit breaker
• Low Line: -40%
Height: 3.5" (8.9 cm) 2 rack spaces • Weight:
Width: 19" (48.3 cm)
Depth, Rack mounting surface to rear panel
Overall Depth: 8.95" (22.7 cm), 11" (27.9 cm)
13 lbs. (5.9 kg) net • Agency Approvals: CE, FCC, cUL, UL
18 lbs. (8.2 kg) shipping
* CE versions may have up to 12% (0.5 dBw) less power due to special construction to meet EN-61000 AC harmonic limits